Venta de Ulzama is a typical country house which was built in 1840 by the Town Hall of the Ultzama Valley. Its aim was to host all those tired and hungry travelers that would stop for a rest.
The enormous imposing entrances which are on both sides of the building, served as carriage house doors so that carriages could enter with their horses and get changed once inside.
Today, the fifth generation of the same family follows with the same eagerness, making the necessary changes that have come about and meeting the expectations of the most demanding guests.
There is no secret to the success of having endured: dedication, work, good taste, the obsession for the guest’s well being, high quality ingredients on the stove, cleanliness and charm in the quaint rooms and above all, tons of friendliness.